We’ve spent a couple years building a new division at Jet City Device Repair doing iPad & Chromebook repairs for schools and businesses. We believe it’s a fantastic service and we’d like to greatly expand our customer base. To make that happen, we’re looking for an experienced VP of sales to head our sales team.
In the spirit of full disclosure, when I say, “head our sales team,” I mean, “Be our first real sales person, grow the business, and then build a fantastic team.”
About Jet City Device Repair
JCD was started in a Seattle basement in 2007 and today has 4 retail stores in 3 cities plus 2 repair depots dedicated to bulk mail-in repairs (schools and businesses). We have 20 employees and expect to do just over $3 million in sales in 2017.
There are two main resources I’d recommend to learn about our company:
You will initially be the lone sales person convincing schools to use our iPad and Chromebook repair service. You will report directly to the CEO of the company.
Your goal is to turn our school repair division from the $200K per year organization it is now to over $1 million in sales for the 2018-2019 school year. During this process your role will likely change from primarily doing direct sales to managing a small sales team (while still doing some sales). Potentially, if successful and capable, you may end up managing our entire B2B division.
Primary Job Duties
- Cold calling possible customers.
- Doing trade shows (about 3-5 per year).
- Exploring other marketing channels.
- Following up on leads generated from trade shows and other marketing channels.
- Coordinate with technicians & account managers to provide a great customer experience.
- Eventually hiring other sales representatives and account managers.
- Setting up and maintaining a good CRM system.
We’d love you to have the following traits:
- Really enjoys doing sales.
- Great with people and like technology.
- Preferably have a passion for education.
- Willing to work hard.
- Very organized.
- Highly reliable.
VP of Sales Compensation
This position is going to have a modest salary (likely in the $40K region – maybe a little more, maybe a little less) but will have a good commission structure. The commission will never be capped and will be front-loaded so that any new customers will quickly add to your initial pay.
As with all things salary related, most things below are negotiable.
- Commission structure: 15% of a customer’s first year sales, 10% of 2nd year sales, and 5% of a customer’s sales after that.
- Paid vacation.
- Health & Dental insurance.
- 401K plan (hopefully) in place by the end of 2017.
- Flexible work schedule with the ability to work remotely.
That last bullet point is one of our biggest perks. This position pays for results – not the amount of time you spend at work. You want to work while traveling the United States? No problem. Just make sure you’re bringing in good customers and responsive to their needs and we don’t care where you do it from or if it only takes you 25 hours a week to do.
How to Apply
The application process is simple: Just go to the contact us section of our website and send a message (make sure to choose the company wide option for the message). Or you can call our hiring manager at: (773) 234-6622 and leave a message if he doesn’t answer.