We’re hiring in Bellevue, WA at our smartphone & tablet repair store. We want the best electronics repair technician on Seattle’s Eastside. You’ll be fixing iPhones, iPads, Samsung devices, Chromebooks, and pretty much any other mobile device. You must also be great to work with – both for your fellow technicians and our customers. The ideal job candidate?
- Smart & fast learner.
- Pays attention to detail.
- Interested in technology.
- Loves people! Those they work with & our customers.
- Good with people. In-person, on the phone, or via email.
- An outstanding work ethic.
You will not be a cog in the wheel. You will be an essential part of a community of people who enjoy working together, enjoy the space they work in, and care about our customers.
About Jet City Device Repair
We repair mobile devices. Think iPhone, iPad, and Chromebooks – pretty much any cell phone, tablet, and most laptops. Read the About Us page on our website for all details. Here’s a quick summary: we started as a side-project in a Seattle basement in 2007. Since then we’ve fixed over 250,000 devices, have 3 retail locations, 19 employees, and expect to do about $2.7 million in 2019 sales.
But more than that, JCD is great place to work. You will not be a cog in the wheel. You will be an essential part of a community of people who enjoy working together, enjoy the space they work in, and care about our customers.
Our Mission Statement
I know, I know. Most mission statements are just words. But we try hard to live by ours:
To make people’s lives better. Our employees, our customers, and our investors – in that order. We believe happy employees create happy customers and happy customers lead to a solid bottom line.
How are we doing on that mission?
- 10 of our 19 employees have been with us for 3+ years. Eight since 2014 or earlier. People tend to stick around because it’s a great place to work.
- We’ve fixed over 250,000 customer devices and received 1000+ 5-star reviews on Yelp.
- $2.7 million in expected sales this year.
In other words, our happy employees are creating happy customers and it’s resulting in solid financial results.
Taking Care of our Employees (aka: Compensation)
We offer an industry leading compensation package:
- Good hourly pay plus monthly bonuses.
- Health & dental insurance.
- Simple IRA plan with a 3% match that vests instantly.
- 1 week of paid vacation plus 1 week of paid sick time.
- Fixed work schedule.
- 4-day work week.
We also have a culture of empowerment. We believe in giving you the training & tools you need to succeed. Then we trust you to make good decisions. Make a mistake? No problem. Learn from it and keep getting better.
Wait. What? A 4-Day Work Week?
This may be the best benefit beyond the awesome people you’ll work with. Each technician works 3 weekdays and 1 weekend day. It’ll be a fixed schedule and we work with you to give you the best schedule we can (which always includes two days in a row off).
One technician recently said:
I didn’t think a 4-day work week would be a big deal, but now that I have 3 days a week off, I can’t imagine going back to a normal work schedule.
Typical Day at Jet City Device Repair
There can be significant variety in a day. It depends on the day of the week or time of the year. For example, a Monday in August might have 30+ people come through the door. Those are fast and furious days. On a crappy Wednesday in February, you may only see 7-10 repairs. However, there are certain things that happen most days:
- Come to work an hour before opening to: respond to emails/voicemails, follow up with customers, count the till, make/drink coffee, etc. Basically, make sure we’re ready to roll when the doors open at 10am.
- Answer customer phone calls and emails. You need to be great on the phone and over email. This is often a customer’s first impression and it must be fantastic.
- Have a genuine smile for customers when they walk into the store.
- Provide awesome customer service.
- Fix devices. Cracked screens. Battery replacements. Charging port repairs. Etc. Maybe even some soldering.
- Sell accessories. This helps the store (more revenue), the customer (if they had a broken iPhone screen they obviously need a case), and you (we pay 25% of most accessory sales back to our techs).
- Various closing duties. Count the till, empty the inbox, put relevant notes for technicians working the next day, straighten up, etc. Make sure opening duties for the next day will be relatively easy.
Lastly, you’ll get to hang out with great people. That includes your fellow techs and our customers. You’ll discover both are interesting, kind, and fun to chat with.
What to do Next
Still reading? Still interested? Awesome! The next step is easy, send us an email (email@example.com). Include the following few things:
- Tell us why you want to work with us.
- Something interesting about yourself. We love hiring interesting people.
- A little bit about your past work experience (and probably a resume).
We look forward to hearing from you!