We have a list of 7 core values we try to live by. These not only help us succeed but give us a guiding light when trying to make hard decisions. They also help us evaluate our employees, our management, our processes, and everything else about our business.
- Honesty & transparency through great communication at all levels.
- Building great teams.
- Curiosity & learning.
- High-quality performance.
- Hard work.
The Employee Experience
What’s it like to work at Jet City Device Repair? We think it’s a pretty great experience. We give all of our stores the freedom to express the personalities of the people that work there. You will see some commonality between stores but you won’t see cookie cutter stores. This is because our employees have a diverse set of interests and backgrounds and we give them the opportunity to express themselves in the stores decor, music, layout, art work, entertainment, and most everything else.
We also do our best to make sure we take care of our employees financially. When Jet City hired its first employee in 2010, we paid $12/hr with no benefits. Today:
- Starting pay is $17/hr plus bonuses that usually come to another $2/hr.
- Health & dental insurance.
- A retirement account that has a 3% employer match with no vesting schedule.
- Paid vacation and paid sick time.
- And one of the best perks? A 4-day work week.
And all of these perks have come proactively. The owners of the company feel that as the business improves, so should compensation for everyone.
The Customer Experience
We’d hate for anyone to think that because we put our employees first that we neglect the customer experience. Quite the opposite. We put a tremendous amount of effort into creating not only great work spaces but also a great customer experience.
Of course, you don’t have to take our word for that, you can just check out what our past customers have to say about us.
- High quality repairs. The cell phone repair business can be a bit like the wild west. Fortunately, we’ve been in business for 10 years and have found great vendors. This allows us to source high-quality parts at a competitive price.
- Fast repair service. If you have a broken iPhone, the odds are we can get it fixed with 30 minutes (and sometimes as fast as 15 minutes). iPads generally take a little longer but if you’re in a pinch, we can usually turn it around the same day.
- Vey competitive pricing. We may not beat the pricing of the random guy on Craigslist that’s fixing iPhones in his parents basement, but we are among the most competitively priced professional repair shops you will find.
- Comfortable waiting areas. It may only take us 15-30 minutes to fix your device, but that’s 15-30 minutes without your phone. What will you do? You can enjoy comfortable chairs, a free cup of coffee, good books, great conversation with one of our technicians, old-school video games, or, at our Lincoln Park store, you can even put on a vinyl record on the turntable.
- Cool locations. All of our stores are located in great neighborhoods with other great stores and restaurants in the area. This means if you want to get your phone fixed over lunch, you’ll have lots of tasty options. Just ask any of our technicians for a recommendation.
- Free 30-day protection plans. You know what’s worse than breaking your iPhone? Getting it fixed and then breaking it again 2 weeks later. If you get your iPhone fixed with us and it breaks again within 30 days, we’ll fix it again for free.
- Lifetime guarantee on parts & workmanship. We are so confident in the quality of our parts and our technicians that if you device ever stops working because of a defective part or a defect in the workmanship, we’ll fix it again for free – forever.